AUA Patient Safety Course
Course InformationAccess Materials Overview
The Patient Safety Course is designed to provide urologists and the urology care team with the knowledge required to apply appropriate patient safety procedures in a urologic practice. Urology specific examples will help learners understand patient safety concepts, how safety issues arise, and how they can be mitigated.
The AUA Office of Education has produced this instructive Safety Module which appropriately addresses the need for and establishment of a safety culture to prevent systemic error. Completion of this module, along with the pre and post testing, satisfies the American Board of Urology’s safety module requirement at year 4 of the Life Long Learning (LLL) program.
After completing this activity, the participants will be able to
- Define patient safety and medical error.
- Create a vision of patient safety in their practice.
- Apply just culture to their practice.
- Define the role of communication in improving patient safety.
- Describe public reporting of safety and quality data.
This course is designed for practicing urologists, urology residents, medical students and advanced practice providers.