2017 Recertification (MOC) Review Course Webcast: Oncology and Urinary Diversion
Course InformationPurchase Materials Overview
The purpose of the AUA Recertification (MOC) Review Course is to prepare attendees for the ABU Recertification Examination. This course will be practice focused and will offer practical and clinically-specific updates. It will highlight the AUA guidelines and address general urology practice issues that can be expected on the Recertification Exam. The course will model the changes to the Recertification Exam by covering core/general urology on the first day followed by a pre-selected breakout in one of four areas on the second day. Breakout sessions include oncology/urinary diversion; calculi, obstruction, endourology and laparoscopy; andrology, impotenence, infertility and infection; and female urology, incontinence, voiding dysfunction and reconstruction. Sample multiple choice practice questions as well as case based discussions and debates will be utilized to prepare attendees for the upcoming Recertification Examination. For more information on the changes to the Recertification Exam, please visit www.abu.org/recertification.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Review generally accepted urological practices for superior patient care
- Discuss a core knowledge of urology necessary for taking the Recertification Examination
- Examine the most recent changes and additions to the AUA guidelines
- Discuss the appropriate indications for and use diagnostic tests in the management of urologic cancers.
- Enhance ability to make guideline-based decisions regarding management of common urologic cancers.
- Recognize and execute appropriate measures to prevent and manage complications resulting for management intervention for urologic cancers.
- Develop and employ a disease stage appropriate surveillance schedule during post management follow-up of urologic cancers.
This program is designed for practicing urologists preparing for the Recertification (MOC) Examination.